Monday 13 May 2013

Summer Releases 2013 Pt 1

Hey there film fans - Here's a quick look at some of my choicest picks of the summer releases.

First though I want to say that yes Iron Man 3 was as awesome as I suspected it would be. Hit me up and let me know what you thought.

First up is the movie that I have been waiting to see since I left the cinema having seen its predecessor.

Star Trek: Into Darkness



Why this movie will be fantastic?

Simple. Casting, direction and writing.

Cumberbitches and Pine-Nuts get to see their heroes battle it out, along with all the faves from the last movie Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, John Cho, funny man Simon Pegg and another appearance from fans favourite Leonard Nimoy as Spock Prime. There isn't a weak link in the chain and all can be expected to give stellar performances.

Like Star Trek, Into Darkness is directed by J.J. Abrams and if you don't know your Hollywood heavyweights Abrams has been involved in projects such as the T.V. series Lost and movies like Armageddon, Mission Impossible III, Cloverfield, Super 8 and many more as a director, writer or producer. 

I can't stress enough that Star Trek and Into Darkness are not just for die hard Trekkies. The first was a creative, immersing, roller coaster ride of a movie and I would bet money on it that you will enjoy it. Go and see it - I certainly will be. 

And for the true Trekkies - The legend is reborn. Check out the trailer.





OUT THIS MONTH

Next - Kick-Ass 2


Another sequel - If you havn't seen the first you've got till JUNE to catch up. 

I didn't rush to see 2010's Kick-Ass (in fact I didn't see it till last year) but it was worth the wait as I'm sure this one will be too. Kick-Ass is the typical super hero story but with a funny twist. A regular high school nobody (played by the gorgeous Aaron Taylor-Johnson) decides to bring his comic book fantasy to life by donning a tight green suit and becoming the hero/vigilante Kick-Ass. It's a funny look at exploring the potential reality of super heroes and Kick-Ass 2 takes this further as more people take up the plight of fighting injustice and crime alongside Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl.

They've replaced Nicholas Cage with Jim Carrey for the father figure type role, which I'm already chuffed about, and should add to the laughs, but be warned it's not all fun and games. A super-villain is born. The movies use guns, knives, bad language, blood and people die - this isn't a family hero movie by a long shot. But I'm sure Kick-Ass 2 will have it all. Loads of laughs, action packed fight scenes, rippling abs and tight suits and a guaranteed smile on your face by the time the credits are rolling.

Have a look at the trailer. OUT IN JUNE.




Also out in June is After Earth starring Will and Jaden Smith.



For the second time Jaden stars alongside his dad as a father and son duo who have this time crash landed on a hostile planet. Young Kitai Raige (Jaden) must face a perilous mission in order to survive, using the lessons he's been taught and the guidance given to him by his father, Cypher (Will) in this unusual, futuristic coming of age, epic. This movie seems very I Am Legend meets Avatar with a sprinkling of last months Oblivion for good measure. But they were all pretty good and this is directed by one of my favorites M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, Lady in the Water) so this will definitely be a must see.



Next is a movie also out in June (gonna be a busy month) This Is The End.


I know I'll be creating enemies when I say I'm just not that into the Hangover movies, but after years of Jackass, American Pies and Inbetweeners I got bored of the boys behaving badly bit and prefer to get my laughs without the use of any bodily fluids, animal murder and slapstick violence... she says, though there may be some of the above in this next movie lol.

This Is The End, not to be confused with Simon Pegg's The Worlds End (out later this year) is the story of Seth Rogen, playing himself, who takes Jay Baruchel, also himself to James Franco's celeb filled party up in the Hollywood hills. There are too many celebs to name drop but if you don't recognise at least one person in each scene then you obviously haven't been to the cinema's in at least a decade. As the party swings on catastrophic events begin to unfold and Rogen, Baruchel, Franco and some pals are forced to hold up in a house while they try to ride out the coming Apocalypse. 

This film sees the team behind Superbad, Pineapple Express and The Green Hornet reunite and is set to be something like a Jay and Silent Bob adventure crossed with Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny. Have a look at the trailer to see why I think it will be some silly, side-splitting fun. Be warned, strong language!


That's all I've got time for today but check in later this week for part 2 of Summer Releases 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment